Milan | €45K Base salary + Offshore Bonus | Permanent | Job ref. 341
COMMON DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct all aspects of the day-to-day offshore operations on installation phase to ensure efficiency and performance in accordance with the corporate objectives, strategy and plans.
On top of the activity to be conducted offshore there will be involvement also in the preparation and documental activities at the home office in coordination with other departments such as: Cable System Design Engineering, Installation Engineering, Manufacturing and Project Management.
- Install power cables offshore in a professional and competent capability
- Preparation of Installation documentation under his/her direct scope of work
- Overall responsible for subsea equipment and operations when on cable installation or trenching/burial activities.
- Work with the installation department to ensure each operation of a particular project has been carefully pre planned and that procedures are documented and understood by the offshore personnel in advance of commencing offshore operations.
- Ensure offshore operations are conducted in accordance with documented plans and procedures and ensure revisions are discussed and documented with PM’s
- Ensure operations undertaken by company comply with environmental policy & ensure that all practical measures are taken to protect the environment & prevent pollution
- Supervise subcontractor and other employees during the installation phase
- Study: Preferably Technical Engineering degree (mechanical or electrical).
- Knowledge of technical equipment
- Basic knowledge of cable structure and installation
- Experience: at least 3-5 years of experience as site technician or Assistant Superintendent. As alternative, offshore experience as ship mate. Experience preferably taken in complex organizations.
- Good-Fluent knowledge of English language (spoken and written)
- Team working, ability to build interpersonal relationship in an international environment.
- Work location: Milan with availability of long overseas missions (average duration of 20/30 days each for a total time spent out of the office of 6/7 months per year).