Sales Manager- Renewables
Chelmsford/Grimsby | £45000-£60000 | Permanent | Job ref. 2018231
Our client is a successful international marine contractor. Due to their continued growth they have a requirement for a sales manager based in either Chelmsford or Grimsby.
The role of the Sales Manager, is to identify, develop and secure the sale of installation, O & M services and related offshore wind contracts, charters or consultancy within the key markets of Offshore Renewables.
Key to success will be the individual’s ability to build, develop and manage an effective sales pipeline, thoroughly qualify opportunities and manage communication & information flows regarding sales opportunities, bids and contract negotiations between the client, the Commercial and Tendering Team and other departments within the business or JV’s as necessary during the sales cycle (lead through contract award
- Ensure suitable Sales objectives are in place and captured in the CRM system. Manage the day to day sales activity to achieve a bid to contract ratio of 5:1, whilst ensuring the financial and strategic objectives of the company are met every year
- Develop a sales and marketing plan which ensures both new and existing customer relationships are in place to ensure the client is the provider of choice in its chosen power markets.
- Working alongside the Sales Director and Commercial and Tendering Manager, to ensure all relevant technical and commercial aspects of the bid are clearly understood by the Sales lead, as well as the Proposal Engineers. Ensure that Sales and Proposals are closely aligned during the opportunity lifecycle through to contract award or loss
- In conjunction with the Sales Director / Commercial & Tendering Manager, agree margins to be applied to proposals to reflect market pricing intelligence, inherent risk levels, The client’s Value Propositions as well as the business plan targets for each market sector.
- Ensure sales team proactively provides input into Vessel Resource Meeting, clearly understands utilisation levels, alongside any gaps and is focussed to secure work to address same
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years Senior Sales or Business Development experience in a similar role, within the submarine fibre optic and/or Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in managing a remote and culturally diverse team.
- A good understanding of contractual terms and conditions, risk management and RQHSE practices.
- Extensive experience in sales, negotiating and closing major contracts
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in an engineering discipline or with an MBA
- Excellent interpersonal, management and reporting skills
- Good working knowledge of SharePoint, MS Office and CRM systems
- Willingness to undertake frequent periods of domestic and international travel.
- The Sales Manager is to have key stake holder management skills and develop engagement at senior levels alongside the Sales Director
- To develop and build a sales team in line with the 5 year strategy plan to grow the business to the levels required
- To undertake the required training to achieve a Head of Sales and then Sales Director role for the client’s power business unit.
- Commercial and enabler training in line with company procedures