Project Engineer – IP Networks
Vienna, Austria | £60,000 - £70,000 | Permanent | Job ref. JO2017155
We have a client in the transport WIFI / Passenger information sector who are currently looking for a German speaking Project Engineer based in their office in Vienna.
See below the details for this vacancy, if you have any questions please let me know.
The Project Engineer works with clients in a fast-paced technology environment and has a deep understanding of IP networks, wireless technologies including WiFi and cellular networks (LTE, HSPA+, WCDMA, GSM), and Linux platforms. The Project
Engineer role requires an individual with 2+ years of experience utilising the range of technologies stated previously in this document with the requirement to be a flexible individual who is able to travel and work on projects all over the world. The role also requires client facing skills which are essential, supported by the ability of good planning, co-ordination, communication skills and hands-on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with the project team to design solutions at both the pre and post sales stages.
- Responsible for validating BoM’s (Bills of Materials) to match project requirements
- Responsible for proposing and documenting a design to match the project brief within specified time lines;
- Responsible for configuring and implementation equipment to match the design objectives and time lines;
- Responsible for building test specifications and undertaking test cycles;
- Managing the handover to client or in-house support staff including training;
- In-house installation and rollout of various network products;
- Troubleshooting and 3rd line support to In-house and 3rd party customers;
- Responsible for accurate network product evaluation;
- Responsible for factory acceptance testing and on-site acceptance testing within specified time lines;
- To liaise with manufacturers to resolve hardware and software issues;
- Documentation of all aspects of the design and test process;
- Client interaction to determine requirements and to deal with 3rd party and client in-house technical suppliers.
- Must have 2 years min hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting various network devices including switches, routers, and access points;
- Troubleshooting and problem management experience in a networking environment;
- Have experience of LAN and VLAN IP planning, preferably with some RF planning experience;
- Complete understanding of TCP/IP networking;
- Good documentation skills using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and preferably Visio;
- Thorough and logical approach to planning and implementation;
- Very good communication skills both technical and user facing;
- Ability to travel within Europe;
- Able to work on site, in train depots, shunting yards;
- Communication skills when dealing with customers and subcontractors
- WiFi and/or RF planning and implementation experience knowledge of antenna design and antenna placement;
- Experience with different AP or Switch and FW products;
- Remote management support experience using OpenVPN and SSH;
- Knowledge of SNMP and SNMP monitoring;
- Knowledge of Mobile data networks;
- Several years experience in troubleshooting and installing Linux Servers and Workstations including services preferred,
- Windows user knowledge;
- Basic understanding of IT/Telecom Operations and Maintenance procedures