Project Engineer – Cable Installation
Chelmsford, UK | £250 - £310 / day | Temporary | Job ref. JO2016178
The purpose of the Project Engineer is to provide support and solutions to the business units across the group.
This involves both direct engineering work on particular scopes and management of technical work packages. Work primarily is based around cable installation, for the renewable, oil & gas and telecoms markets.
- Prepare the provisioning/sub-contracting SOW for subcontractors’ services, and conduct evaluation of received proposals from the sub-contractors.
- Devise and prepare methodologies/procedures for installation.
- Co-ordinate production of storyboards and drafting requirements.
- Oversee the Mobilisation of modular equipment onto Vessels as required and based on Project requirements, liaising with other departments to achieve a common goal.
- Carry out basic hand calculations and produce design reports/technical notes.
- Work with other internal stakeholders to engineer solutions fit for purpose.
- Make sure the safest and most efficient solutions are implemented.
- Participate in Project Delivery meetings with Internal Stakeholders and/or Clients.
- Participate in meetings to assist the Technical element of Sales and Proposals bids.
- Support Project Team in execution of Project and undertake tasks designated by Project Managers.
- Scope exists to represent Project Team on-site/offshore during installation phase.
2 - 3 Months