Operations Manager (Offshore Projects)
Grimsby | £45-55,000 | Permanent | Job ref. 362
Our client is a successful marine contractor working in the Wind Farm O&M sector, based in Grimsby. Due to their continued success there is now a requirement for an Operations Manager (Projects) to join their team.
- We have a fantastic opportunity for 3 employed Operations Managers to join our team due to successful growth of our business. Operations Manager (Projects) is responsible for the planning of and smooth & safe delivery of projects on behalf of the Project Manager. The role requires effective coordination and management of the project’s sub-contractors, suppliers, vessels, site managers, and offshore technicians as well as supporting the commercial team with solution design and cost analysis for tenders.
- Support the commercial team in the development of solutions for tenders providing costs, method statements and project schedules along with any other technical documents required by the client.
- Working on behalf of the Project Manager, ensure projects are planned and delivered on time and within budget. Must be fully familiar with all technical content of contracts within area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety and develop and maintain a strong safety culture within the team. Ensuring work only takes place with RAMS in place and in full compliance with company procedures.
- The undertaking and the responsibility of meeting the project requirements and objectives.
- Cover for PMs when they are out of the office/on leave.
- Support and undertake tasks designated by the Project Manager.
- Support PM with invoice preparation, review of work site DPRs and the regular update of all project related documentation.
- Agree project objectives and understand the client’s / organisation’s interests
- Develop and deliver project documentation to ensure that all the aims of the project are met and are compliant with all company RQHSE policies. Project documentation includes the development and tracking of the project Risk Log.
- Work with project team to build up an archive of standard procedures & method statements, to assist and escalate the quality standard of the operation within organisation, including sub-contracting scope.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties and delegating appropriately.
- Support and help resolve problems that arise during the projects.
- Liaise with CTV Fleet Manager to ensure projects and processes are coordinated.
- Liaising with the Resource Department to ensure project manning is correct.
- Oversee project procurement and work closely with the Project Manager to ensure budgets are met.
- Work with the company / clients / RQHSE to deliver the projects health and safety procedures in line with the company policies, procedures and accreditations.
SKILL & EXPERIENCE
- In depth knowledge of offshore operations within at least two of the following disciplines; Cable Pulling, Temporary Power, Bolting, Subsea BoP, Topside BoP.
- Ability to prioritise workload and effectively delegate tasks
- Highly experienced within offshore wind industry in an operations management related role (3 years+)
- Competent in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project
- Well versed in Risk Management methodology
- Good analytical capability with the ability to assimilate technical and project management information and understand the associated issues.
- Willingness to travel overseas as required in performing the role.
- Proven experience working within a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working ability.
- Experience in project management
- Experience in contract management
- Management and Leadership skills
- Health and Safety Qualification
- GWO basic safety training
- Offshore medical
- Driving licence
- Numeracy Skills
- Ability to motivate people