Front End Technical Lead
Warrington | £40,000 - £60,000 | Permanent | Job ref. JO2017087
Our client is an award-winning ecommerce consultancy for forward-thinking retailers. Their services include; consultancy and strategy, audits and assessments, design and UX and Magento 2 development.
We’re looking to strengthen our team of enterprise ecommerce implementation experts. Working with leading brands, projects will range in size from 400 – 600 man days.
In order to succeed in this role you will:
- Be attracted to the complexities involved in large implementations.
- Recognise and appreciate the benefits of working alongside and being supported by a team of like-minded and skilled developers a
- Want to push the boundaries of everyone’s knowledge.
- Ecommerce is your trade and Magento Enterprise is your toolset of choice.
- The words “site down” fill you with dread. Having worked consistently on sites with huge order volumes you recognise the financial implication of every minute of lost revenue in a multi-million (insert currency here) business. You’ll do everything you can to make sure the code isn’t at fault if outages occur.
- Internationalisation and localisation are challenges you’ve already mastered.
- You’re the “go to guy/gal” when everyone else hits a dead end in complex Magento debugging. You’ve yet to see something you can’t fix or identify a workaround for.
- It pains you to see code which breaks best practice (particularly with regards to readability and performance).
- You know the common pain points in Magento and how to work around them. You may even have developed some community modules to negate these.
- Sometimes you realise that Magento is not the right tool for the job, you can articulate to technical and non-technical audiences why this is the case. Integrating to a third party or creating a bespoke solution is the right thing to do, obviously you can do this too.
SKILL & EXPERIENCE
- HTML markup and best practice
- PHP for theming purposes
- Compilation (e.g. SASS/Less)
- Grid systems
- CLI Tools (e.g. Grunt, Gulp)
- Frameworks/Libraries (e.g jQuery, Angular, React)
- Ajax/JSON techniques
- Best Practice (e.g. Accessibility, Internationalisation and industry standards)
- Responsive and Adaptive Design
- Ability to transform designs into clean CSS and semantic markup
- Developing custom Magento themes
- Performance improvements
- Design principles (e.g DRY/SOLID)
- System Integrations (e.g. Google APi via JS)
- Version Control (VCS)
- Advanced usage of VCS (e.g. rebase, cherry picking)
- HTTP Protocol
- Response codes
- Performance Optimisation
- Website Profiling
- Asset/content optimisation
- Browser dev tools
- Full software lifecycle
- SQL Injection
- PCI Compliance
- Automated testing
- Browser automation (e.g Selenium)
- Design tools (e.g. Photoshop)