Financial Transaction Manager
Chelmsford | £30,000 - £35,000 | Permanent | Job ref. JO2017118
Our client is a successful international marine contractor based in Chelmsford.
They require a Financial Transaction Manager.
The purpose of the role:
· Managing a small team and ensuring best practice in the AP, AR and Cash Management function.
· Daily AP and AR invoice and credit note approvals.
· Prepare the weekly 12 month group rolling cash flow forecast
· Reviewing and approving weekly payment runs prepared by the AP Assistant.
· Ensure ledger balances for our offshore personnel provider in Guernsey are reconciled monthly and carry out the reconciliation of their Management Accounts.
· Perform quarterly bad debt reviews.
· Continually meet the month-end close deadlines and prepare supporting schedules for US parent company.
· Prepare bank reconciliations.
· Prepare accruals and prepayments, ensuring these are accounted for fully and accurately in all group companies.
· Responsible for timely and accurate postings and settlement of all invoices, personal expenses and corporate credit cards.
· Accountability for GRNI and Preliminary invoice levels.
· Prepare group VAT returns / EC sales and Intrastat and submit in accordance with stipulated deadlines.
· Identify and review credit notes > $50k to ensure SOX process has been followed.
· Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as allocated for review.
· Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley internal/external audits as and when required.
· Assist in quarterly and annual audits as and when required.
· Analysing expenses monthly for the PAYE Settlement Agreement.
· Assist in other month end tasks as allocated.
· To provide cover in the department where necessary.
· To perform other department ad-hoc duties as and when required.
SKILL & EXPERIENCE
· Part Qualified / relevant accounting experience in commerce and industry.
· Experience of managing staff and running a small team.
· Identifying and implementing financial process improvements and operating within a strict financial control environment.
· Good working knowledge of UK and overseas VAT.
· Knowledge of MS Office applications with more advanced features of Microsoft Excel being beneficial.
· Experience of using accounting software, IFS would be beneficial however not essential as training will be provided.
· Multi-currency experience would be beneficial.
· Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Ability to work under pressure to tight reporting deadlines.
· Team Player