Chelmsford | On application | Temporary | Job ref. JO2016143
Our client is a subsea power cable installation specialist and is working on a number of wind farm projects for major energy companies in the UK and Europe.
They are recruiting a Contracts Manager to address all aspects related to the Contract with the Client under the guidance of the Project Director / Manager during the execution phase, with the objective of maximizing Project revenues and reducing the risk in the face of potential disputes at Portfolio level.
- Management and interpretation of contractual clauses between company and client / subcontractors, ensure back to back approach is implemented
- Claims' management
- Monitoring with PM all the contractual milestones and related payments
- Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters. Act as contractual “interface” between company employees and customers, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations
- Advises the Project Director / Manager on any aspect of the Project execution which deviates from the requirements of the Contract
- Reports and escalates project highlights to Portfolio Contract Manager
- Administrates all contractual correspondence between Client and Contractor and between joint venture/consortium partners.
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal
- Establishes the milestones completion notices, collects the necessary back up to allow invoicing providing Finance and Control functions with this documentation.
- Solicits or ensures notification and submission of requests and notices, documents, in particular for those subject to time limits
- Makes a preliminary check of sub-contracting plan and agreed subcontract terms and conditions, in cooperation with the Purchasing team
- Work with Finance to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, export controls etc. May include ‘financial engineering’ and understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options
- Assists subcontracting \ procurement department in the management of contract related correspondence and in the management of claims \ litigations with subcontractors
- Honours degree in law or business administration, management, engineering, industrial technology
- Knowledge and experience in project management processes and techniques
- Knowledge of offshore cable business
- Proven knowledge of FIDIC suite of contracts
- Significant experience as a Contract Manager with a minimum of 8 year experience in the role.
- Delivered on a number of industry related projects across a range of sectors and customers
- Proven track record in successfully executing multi-disciplined projects
- Significant time spent in the negotiation and control of external service suppliers and contractors
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- planning and organizing, time management
- decision-making & team work and communication skills
- conflict management, adaptability and stress tolerance