BD Manager – Subsea
Aberdeen | £75,000 - £85,000 | Permanent |
Our client is a successful international marine contractor. Due to their continued success they have recently opened a business unit in Aberdeen. There is now a requirement for a business development manager to join the team.
The role of the Business Development Manager, is to identify, develop and secure the sale of installation and related services contracts, charters or consultancy within our client’s key markets of Power Cable installation and Repair as well as Oil and Gas subsea installation projects.
- Manage the day to day activity of the Sales department to achieve a bid to contract ratio of 4:1, whilst ensuring the financial and strategic objectives of the company are met every year.
- Develop a Business Development Plan and associated sales and marketing plans which ensures both new and existing customer relationships are in place to ensure the group is the submarine services provider of choice in its chosen markets.
- Ensure account management plans are in place for all key accounts and provide timely sales input in to the annual marketing plan and events.
- Ensure comprehensive completion of and adherence to the sales qualification and prioritisation process which ensures only those opportunities that present the best chance of conversion to contract and support the successful delivery of the client’s financial and strategic plan, are allocated to the Proposals team.
- Working alongside the Proposals Manager, ensure all relevant technical and commercial aspects of the bid are clearly understood by the Sales lead, as well as the Proposals Engineer and when necessary the contract negotiation team. Ensure that Sales and Proposals are closely aligned during the opportunity lifecycle through to contract award or loss.
- In conjunction with the Director agree margins to be applied to proposals to reflect market pricing intelligence, inherent risk levels, USP’s as well as the business plan targets for each market sector
- Provide Line Management with regular reports related to all relevant sales, market and competitor activity including an accurate Sales Pipeline, Forecast and Key Account Plan data set
- Set and manage the annual Sales budget
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years Senior Sales or Business Development experience in a similar role, within the submarine fibre optic and/or Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in managing a remote and culturally diverse team.
- A good understanding of contractual terms and conditions, risk management and RQHSE practices.
- Extensive experience in sales, negotiating and closing major contracts
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in an engineering discipline or with an MBA
- Excellent interpersonal, management and reporting skills
- Good working knowledge of SharePoint, MS Office and CRM systems
- Willingness to undertake frequent periods of domestic and international travel.